Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man!

Karl, my little man, turned ten years old yesterday.  
I cannot believe how quickly ten years have gone by.  Any one who has a child knows what I am talking about.  I can still picture Karl's fat little face looking up at me from a crawl and his flirty head tilt.  He was the smartest baby...he loved to laugh...he was HUGE...and was just a wonderful first child.  To be turning TEN!  I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that.  If these ten years flew so quickly by us, then in another blink of an eye we will be celebrating Karl's 20th birthday - that just is so hard to swallow.  
In his first ten years he has learned so much and grown so big.  From his first words - dada, mama, ball; to going on the big boy potty before he was two; to tying his shoes, dressing himself, learning to read; and all the way to flipping pancakes for our Sunday breakfast - WOW...he has learned so much.  In the next ten years he will be learning to drive, experiencing relationship highs and lows, getting pimples and muscles (hopefully more of the latter and less of the former), and graduating from high school - WOW.  That is all I can keep saying.  My baby isn't really a baby at all anymore...
So happy birthday to my little man - our little Karlybar - KDog - KarlD - and anything else he may go by.  To another wonderful ten years filled with laughter and love and learning.  Love you Karl. 

No comments: